welcome friends

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Stir Crazy


I never thought I would say this, but I am going stir crazy being laid up at home with cellulitis on my right leg. On Monday morning I woke up not feeling quite right. I was achy all over, weak, and a bit chilled but had no clue why I was not feeling well. It wasn't until I was giving Ashton a bath that I noticed a large red area on my right leg. Immediately I knew I had to get to the doctor. Needless to say, I had to take a week off work and have had to keep my leg elevated with heat being applied 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off. Honestly, the being off work part hasn't been so bad, I've had extra time with Ashton but being limited on what I can do has made me and Ashton stir crazy. Reading a book is a great past time for me (I haven't had much time to read since Ashy was born and just started the book "The Help.), but poor Ashton just wants to play with me or go outside so it is not fair for me to read while he is awake.
Today to help alleviate some of our boredom, I remembered something I had seen on TV. A woman allowed her kids to finger paint on the inside of the dishwasher door then when they were done, she closed the door and turned it on.

Ashton loved this! It is a definite winner. Next time I may let him finger pain in the tub or the shower.......larger surfaces with infinite possibilities. I think I willhave him bag the shirt too when he is in there and just paint in his diaper!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your leg Kasi. Hope you feel better soon. What a fun idea with the finger paints. Wish I would have thought of that one when my kids were younger.

    ReplyDelete