welcome friends

Friday, July 9, 2010

Another duck cake

Tomorrow Ashton and I will get to go to a birthday party for a friends 2 year old little girl.  She asked me to make the cake since she was going to do a rubber ducky theme and have a wading pool party.    I am so pleased with how this cake turned out.  Finally my frosting wasn't too stiff so the edges didn't fall off this time.  I used fondant for the beak and chocolate wafers for the eyes and for the circles along the outside.  I made the balloons out of card stock and used bamboo skewers to hold them up and poke into the cake.  The party hat was made with scrapbook paper.  I think this is my best cake yet and I think my technique is getting better.  It has been a lot of fun decorating cakes, now I need to find tried and true cake recipes that I know aren't going to spill over in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment