welcome friends

Thursday, May 13, 2010

To get a walker or not

I have recently been thinking about getting Ashton a walker. I know there is a lot of controversy over walkers and safety: babies falling down stairs, getting burned, pulling stuff off the table on to themselves, etc. even while parents are supervising. However, I like the idea of Ashton been able to sit upright and push himself around the kitchen floor, I think he may find it fun. There is no way he is falling down the stairs, we live in a ranch style house and I have the family room blocked off from the stairs. I promise not to cook while he is in his walker, and I don't have a table cloth on my kitchen table for him to pull on. My mom said I loved being in the walker as a baby and never had an accident in it. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

1 comment:

  1. I never used a walker...I just got the bouncer toy that sits them up and they can jump up and down. I have a friend who used walkers with her kids, and loved it...no accidents at all. I think if you want to get one, you should go for it.

    ReplyDelete